I'm sorry I haven't blogged in forever! OK, so it's been less than a week but it feels like forever. It's been a really crappy couple of days and since I don't like to bring people into my problems, (I'd rather keep it all inside and then get sick) I was super quiet. Even on Twitter! I also can't load pics to Blogger for some reason and it's bugging me and I need to figure it out. But, it's a new day and I'm going to TRY to be positive. :/ I have a feeling my posts are going to take a bit of a...snarky tone. Hey, that's the first time I've said the word snarky! That's the second! (REALLY dorky musical theatre reference. A mix CD to whoever can guess the show.) Let's start with something that's been making me mad lately (surprise, surprise!)
"Sometimes I wish I could be more like Coach Tanka. He pulled a Jessica Simpson. You know, lost his fiancee, gained 40 pounds, stopped showering, and everyone acts like it's totally normal." -Glee
"It looks like she has no waist...the length is dowdy."
"Fire your stylist for that dress."
"GO DOWN A SIZE." -All GFY
"She looks like the broad side of a Mack Truck." -Yeeeah.com
"Is FAT Jessica Simpson still hot?" - Askmen.com
I could go on forever but it annoys me too much to continue. What effed up thing happened where Jessica Simpson is the poster girl for fat and pathetic? It's not just how all the media attention of her looks effects her, but the problem is how it effects girls everywhere. Do we really want a 13 year old to look at pictures of Jess and think, Man, if she's fat, I'm huge! I better go to a Pro-Ana website ASAP. On The View, she said that if she doesn't find someone by 40, she's going to have a baby with gay BFF Ken Paves. She was attacked on the web within the hour. Who hasn't made that pact with their GBF? She's just so real that it freaks people out. It's like people are yelling, Girls aren't supposed to say those things!
I love her show on VH1, The Price of Beauty. It makes me literally laugh out loud (come on, you KNOW you want to laugh sometimes when you're supposed to be "meditating,") and cry when she meets with women who have done horrific things to themselves to feel beautiful. I wasn't always a fan of Jessica's but I love way she has handled all this crap in such a classy way, and all the amazing things she does for Operation Smile.
I'm not saying we should never criticize someones clothes, (I can spot a "don't" a mile away) but let's try celebrating women instead of picking them apart. Instead of saying, "Jessica's eyes look dead!" (the GFY girls again,) how about appreciating that she's on Marie Claire with NO makeup on and looks beautiful? Instead of saying how lonely and pathetic she is, let's try pointing out the classy way she handles her life in her 20s (ahem Lindsey L.)
What do you guys think? Is her weight fair game for being a celeb?
"Sometimes I wish I could be more like Coach Tanka. He pulled a Jessica Simpson. You know, lost his fiancee, gained 40 pounds, stopped showering, and everyone acts like it's totally normal." -Glee
"It looks like she has no waist...the length is dowdy."
"Fire your stylist for that dress."
"GO DOWN A SIZE." -All GFY
"She looks like the broad side of a Mack Truck." -Yeeeah.com
"Is FAT Jessica Simpson still hot?" - Askmen.com
I could go on forever but it annoys me too much to continue. What effed up thing happened where Jessica Simpson is the poster girl for fat and pathetic? It's not just how all the media attention of her looks effects her, but the problem is how it effects girls everywhere. Do we really want a 13 year old to look at pictures of Jess and think, Man, if she's fat, I'm huge! I better go to a Pro-Ana website ASAP. On The View, she said that if she doesn't find someone by 40, she's going to have a baby with gay BFF Ken Paves. She was attacked on the web within the hour. Who hasn't made that pact with their GBF? She's just so real that it freaks people out. It's like people are yelling, Girls aren't supposed to say those things!
I love her show on VH1, The Price of Beauty. It makes me literally laugh out loud (come on, you KNOW you want to laugh sometimes when you're supposed to be "meditating,") and cry when she meets with women who have done horrific things to themselves to feel beautiful. I wasn't always a fan of Jessica's but I love way she has handled all this crap in such a classy way, and all the amazing things she does for Operation Smile.
I'm not saying we should never criticize someones clothes, (I can spot a "don't" a mile away) but let's try celebrating women instead of picking them apart. Instead of saying, "Jessica's eyes look dead!" (the GFY girls again,) how about appreciating that she's on Marie Claire with NO makeup on and looks beautiful? Instead of saying how lonely and pathetic she is, let's try pointing out the classy way she handles her life in her 20s (ahem Lindsey L.)
What do you guys think? Is her weight fair game for being a celeb?
No comments:
Post a Comment